FAQ Old | New
Wizards vs CSH
FSP entry in
Future of FSP
FSP protocol suite codebase was unmaintained for 7 years.
I am maintaining this software again server part of code is rewrited.
Short term goal is to add:
Also fix bugs reported by
people during beta test and refine some things recorded in TODO.
Then release stable version called 2.8.2. 2.8 branch should be suited for
anonymous FSP archives.
- new command: FSP_INFO (get status from server)
- new native support for symbolic links command: FSP_LSTAT
- Add command for password changing? Do we realy need it?
FSP 3 Protocol
- Discuss about adding suport for more advanced authentification including usernames and data encryption to FSP protocol.
FSP should have security level similar to scp. Public keys + SRP.
- We will also add large file support (over 4GB)
- And maybe directory listings with owners.
This protocol change was planed for FSP 2.9 7 years before.
New protocol will be tested (but not frozen) in FSP 2.9 version. Next
major version will be FSP v3. There is also plan to write RFC for FSPv2 and FSPv3 protocols. This new FSP v3 version will not replace current protocol version, for anonymous access will be used still v2 version of protocol.
We have 2 mailing lists on sourceforge. fsp-devel and fsp-users @lists.sf.net